The situation in Canada is changing rapidly and for many of you, activities have been postponed that you looked forward to in your daily routine – such as support groups, exercise and dance classes, boxing, art, and so much more – while we cannot replace these events, we will strive to keep you informed and active – bookmark this page and visit often. Questions or suggestions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See our resources page for more information about Parkinson’s Disease.
Social Tips and Community
- For more details on symptoms, social distancing and other updates, visit the Government of Canada website.
- (pdf) : Exercises for People with Parkinson’s
- (video) : Davis Phinney Foundation:
Parkinson’s Exercise Essentials
Standard and advanced workout routines
- (video) : Parkinson Wellness Recovery, PWR! Moves
Neuroplasticity-principled programming, developed by physical therapist and neuroscientist, Dr. Becky Farley
- (video) : Brian Grant Foundation:
Exercise for Parkinson’s and recommendations for managing symptoms
- (video) : Power for Parkinson’s
Innovative program using a Parkinson’s symptom-directed approach
- (video) : NeuroFit BC
Led by physiotherapist Naomi Casiro specifically for people with Parkinson’s
- (video) : Dance for PD™
Archived exercise classes through music and movement from a range of dance styles
- (video) : Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation
Classes with Renee Le Verrier, certified yoga instructor and person with Parkinson’s
- See Parkinson Canada’s Action Plan for Covid-19 for more information about changes to our programming.