The following are resources available free of charge from Parkinson Canada. You may also request copies by emailing support@Parkinson.ca or calling 1-800-565-3000.
Parkinson Canada provides a broad range of materials to help individuals, families and health professionals learn about Parkinson’s, a complex neurodegenerative disease. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with Parkinson’s for some time, we hope our ‘Resources’ page helps make the journey a little easier. We’ve organized a wealth of resources into smaller, more easily-digestible segments that are explained below. If you don’t find what you are searching for, contact support@Parkinson.ca.
Every Victory Counts® Canadian Edition
In this newly updated Canadian Edition, you will find:
- Essential information about Parkinson's plus dozens of topics that are frequently overlooked but critical to helping you live well.
- Insights from over 50 Parkinson's guides, physicians, therapists, and scientists who share cutting-edge research, strategies, and ideas for living well with Parkinson's.
- In-depth information about exercise, nutrition, emotional health, medication, therapies, and more.
For people living with Parkinson's
- Building your healthcare team
- Parkinson’s Disease and Driving
- Parkinson's Disease: An Introductory Guide
- Preventing Falls for People Living with Parkinson's
- 10 Steps to Help You Cope with a Diagnosis of Parkinson's
- Exercises for People with Parkinson's
- Progression of Parkinson's Disease
Medication and Parkinson's
Manage your Parkinson's
- Apathy and Parkinson's Disease
- Bowel Management Program
- Communication with a Person Experiencing Cognitive Changes
- Levodopa and Protein: Medication Absorption Concerns
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Low Blood Pressure and Parkinson's (Orthostatic Hypotension)
- Management of Saliva and Drooling
- Nutrition and Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's and Dental Care
- Parkinson's and Travelling
- Parkinson's Dementia and Reactive Behaviour
- Parkinson's, Dementia, and Special Communication Challenges
- Parkinson's Disease and Sleep Issues
- Parkinson's Disease, Depression, and Anxiety
- Speech Problems and Parkinson's
- Swallowing Issues
- Voice and Parkinson's Disease
- Your Health Care Team and How To Access It
- Care Partnering: Managing Parkinson’s Disease Together
- Enhancing Communication with a Person with Parkinson's- Tips for Caregivers, Friends, and Family