Parkinson Canada is a founding partner, investing and collaborating with leading researchers from across Canada to create the Canadian Open Parkinson Network (C-OPN).
C-OPN will bring together Canada’s best in Parkinson’s research and will give them a platform to share information and make new connections. The network will give investigators access to unprecedented data and will support large-scale, multidisciplinary projects that would not be possible at a single research site. This initiative will build on and benefit from the existing and highly successful model of the Quebec Parkinson Network (QPN), which is currently helping to run over 60 studies in 15 centres and has over 1,400 patients registered. Read the full news release here.
- promote and facilitate multi-centric and multidisciplinary research in Parkinson’s disease and related disorders
- pool datasets to better understand pathophysiology
- increase opportunity and participation in clinical trials
- contribute to the development of new treatments
- optimize translational research to clinicians and caregivers more rapidly
- improve prevention and treatment strategies and accelerate the discovery of a cure