Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
What we need
Parkinson Canada’s Marketing and Fundraising Department is an integrated department focused on presenting opportunities for stakeholders to engage with and sustain the organization. We promote the programs and services of the organization in the best interests of Canadians with Parkinson’s, connecting people to programs, education, and people to empower them to live well with Parkinson’s.
This is a high-functioning, cohesive team that puts the donor at the centre of everything we do and presents opportunities for supporters at all levels to play a role in transforming the lives of Canadians with Parkinson’s.
The Marketing and Fundraising Team is looking for an individual who can work with and understand the needs of various internal stakeholders to coordinate and oversee comprehensive, cost-effective special events and projects. The Signature Events associate will also be responsible for event communications, evaluation of events, developing and overseeing budgets, fundraising and building donor base.
The Associate, Signature Events will support a growing events portfolio that caters to different audiences including donors, internal clients, and 3rd party fundraisers with the purpose of stewardship of relationships and fundraising. This role has a direct responsibility for revenue generation from events as well as cultivating donors to prepare them for solicitation.
- Assume the responsibility for coordinating comprehensive, cost-effective special events, internal donor stewardship projects as well as support 3rd party fundraisers in the major gifts portfolio to build the organization’s donor base.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to understand their current and future special event needs as well as the key performance indicators for each event.
- Work with Senior Manager, Donor Engagement, and department colleagues to develop an outcomes-driven strategy for each event.
- Work with the fundraising team to meet performance goals related to prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation within each event.
- Develop and oversee critical paths & budgets, day of event logistics, sponsor deliverables, donor recognition, and acknowledgement.
- Work with vendors, sponsors, and event attendees/donors.
- Assist in the development of effective event communications/materials and new promotional materials as appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for coordinating effective quantitative and qualitative event evaluation and assist in making recommendations to enhance future initiatives.
- Recruitment, Activation, and Revenue targets met for each event and overall annual objectives.
What is needed to succeed in this role
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising event management experience.
- A successful completion of a University Degree in a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- An excellent track record of managing, executing, and enhancing fundraising and/or stewardship events.
- A high degree of thoughtfulness to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, with an eye for the finishing touches that make a day special and the ability to keep a project on track.
- Superior project management and organization skills and high attention to detail.
- Results oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Innovative, creative-thinking person with demonstrated financial acumen.
- Self-starter with a bias for action; solutions-oriented; the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work while handling multiple tasks.
- Strong language and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge.
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you! Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence, stating salary expectations by 5:00 pm EDT on June 21, 2021.
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #SEA-0621
Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.