International Parkinson’s Expert Dr. A. Jon Stoessl, UBC headlines Parkinson Canada Conference
This full day event will also include an introduction to Canadian Open Parkinson Network (C-OPN), presentations by Parkinson Canada researchers, sessions on advocacy & education, lunch and snacks.
- Dr. Stoessl gives keynote address at his only Eastern Canada public lecture in 2019
- Parkinson Canada National Research Program Highlights
- New Guideline and resources for healthcare professionals in clinical practice
- Advocacy strategy to improve access to care
Dr. A. Jon Stoessl
Dr. Stoessl is Professor & Head of Neurology and Director of the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health at UBC.
He holds a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Parkinson’s, is Deputy Editor of Movement Disorders and will be Editor-in-Chief effective January 2020.
He has served on numerous other editorial boards including Lancet Neurology and Annals of Neurology.
He recently chaired the Scientific Advisory Board of the Parkinson’s Foundation and has recently completed a term as President of the World Parkinson Coalition.
He is a Member of the Order of Canada.
Dr. Stoessl uses positron emission tomography to study Parkinson’s, including imaging biomarkers, the basis for complications of treatment and mechanisms of the placebo effect. He has published more than 300 papers and book chapters and has been cited more than 15,000 times in the scientific literature.
- $10.00 Student Admission
- $15.00 Individual Admission
- $20.00 Couple Admission (includes two tickets)
DoubleTree by Hilton
300 King St, London, ON N6B 1S2