You are invited to participate in a Focus Group Study titled “Parkinson Disease Care Partnerships: Bridging Perspectives in Clinical Self-Management Interventions”
We are recruiting for 3 focus groups involving:
- People diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease (PD);
- Primary care partners/informal caregivers of those diagnosed with PD; and
- Healthcare professionals caring for those living with PD to participate in a research study investigating how self-management skills are taught in clinical settings and how healthcare professionals can meet the needs of care partnerships living with PD. The study will involve one focus group at a local community centre with 3-5 other participants of the same category. You will be asked questions about how important self-management skills are to you and how healthcare professionals meet these needs. The focus group will last 30-60 minutes.
In order to be eligible for this study, you must:
- Be one of the following:
- An individual diagnosed with Parkinson disease by a neurologist, OR
- The primary care partner for a person diagnosed with PD for at least one year, OR
- A healthcare professional who treats at least 6 people with PD per year (e.g., neurologist, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, nurse, etc.)
- Be able to communicate in English about your experiences associated with Parkinson disease. You must be able to recall and describe past experiences.
- Not have a neurological condition other than PD.
Name: Danielle Hudson
Name: Dr. Denise Connelly
Phone: 519-661-2111 extension 82238